Coaching For Lawyers
Announcing: Growing Mediation Practices – a group coaching program for mediators scheduled to launch this spring 2017. Please contact me for more information.
SHIFT Works is the coaching company I launched ten years ago founded on my belief that our personal and professional growth comes not so much from big dramatic changes but from the smaller shifts in thinking, knowledge, and action that carry us forward. A decade later I am more convinced than ever that these small shifts are the foundation of great achievement.
At SHIFT Works I am all about helping lawyers and mediators lead successful and fulfilling lives with a focus on three key areas:
- Growing thriving professional practices – with Business Development and Practice Management Coaching
- Developing personal leadership skills to help with addressing the challenges of professional practice and to become a skilled leader of others – with Leadership Coaching
- Making a move to more satisfying and rewarding work – with Career Transition Coaching
My coaching practice is grounded on these essential principles:
- Strength: Bring your strengths and values into the foreground and shine a light on the fears that are holding you back.
- Happiness: Get more of what fills your cup and reduce the energy drains
- Insight: Clarity about what you want to make happen
- Focus: Clear out the clutter and get focused on what matters most
- Trust: Coaching happens on a foundation of trust based on confidentiality and a shared commitment to your success.
What this looks like in practice can be many things:
- John tackled his procrastination habit head on and was able to uncover the fears that were holding him back and implement new habits for working more effectively.
- Justin made his escape from a toxic work environment and crushing hours at an international law firm to a rewarding practice in a regional law firm.
- Jennifer after many years chained to a litigation practice that drained her accessed the courage to step 100% into her mediation and adjudication practice with great success.
- Carl polished his business development skills, developed a plan, picked up some effective business development habits, and brought in enough work to propel himself into equity partnership.
Here’s a small excerpt of what clients say about working with me:
” I really like working with you and how you are able to cut through the BS and get to the heart of things.”
“Allison’s coaching style provides a relationship that empowers and supports me as a professional and holds me accountable for progress towards my goals. She balances accountability with understanding the nature of a busy practice.”
“I started (and most importantly, stuck with!) a personalized professional development plan that works for me. Making a plan, and continuing to put that plan into place. Without question, coaching helped shape the direction of my practice, and shifted my approach to client development.”
“She celebrates my successes, helps me generate ideas, and holds me accountable in moving forward, even when I am feeling uncertain or discouraged. She helps me build my resilience in dealing with all the challenges inherent in being a lawyer. She also has a very essential human touch I really appreciate.”